Build-up of childcare credit at Solidoe
Solidoe offers parents, as a service, the possibility to exchange a fixed childcare day. This is possible (only) if there is space available in your child’s own group. As from 1 January 2020, the exchange will take place via the ‘exchange credit’ system. If you have reported absence for your child’s booking on time, you will receive credit points which you can use for extra childcare at another time. You can find out how this works below.
The build-up of credit applies only with respect to regular care (the fixed day(s) that you purchase per week). If you purchase flexible care from Solidoe, the following arrangements do not apply.
We have also made a short movie where we explain how it works:
How to build up credit
- If you report absence of your child’s booking at least 4 days in advance via the parent portal/parent app, you can build up exchange credit. Example: you want to report absence for January 20th, you have to report absence the booking by 16 January at the latest (before midnight), then you will accrue credit. No credit points build-up applies up if you unbook after this 4-day deadline, even if your child is ill.
- If you know at an earlier date that you will not be needing a specific childcare day, it would be helpful if you report absence at that earlier date. This is possible up to 3 months in advance. It allows you to build up exchange credit and gives other parents the opportunity to apply for extra childcare.
- When you report absence for your child’s booking, your right to this place lapses. We can then offer this place to another child. If you end up needing care on that date, you can apply via the parent app for extra childcare (and use the credit points you have accrued for this day).
- Exchange credit can only be accrued when you report absence for a fixed childcare day. No credit applies when you cancel the extra childcare that you booked.
- Credit is built up in points and applies per care product. No credit build-up applies if your child arrives here later or leaves at an earlier time.
- The following credit values apply: 4 points for a whole day, 2 points for part of a day and 1 point for Preschool Childcare (VSO) or lunch.
- Solidoe is closed on national holidays and on the Friday after Ascension Day. If your childcare day falls on one of these days, credit is automatically accrued. You will receive this credit afterwards and you cannot use it before the public holiday in question.
Validity of credit
- Your accrued credit will be listed on your parent portal and parent app. The credit is valid for 365 days from the date that you report absence. Credit can be accrued as from 1 January 2020. To build up credit as from 1 January 2020, you can report absence for your booking as from 27 December 2019).
- Credit can be used once only. If you decide not to make use of the extra childcare that was planned, the accrued credit can no longer be used.
- Exchange credit is child-specific and applies to a specific type of childcare. Transfer of credit to other children is not possible. If your child is transferred to another type of care, the previously accrued points will be cancelled. However, if your child transfers to one of our other childcare centres, the accumulated credit will remain valid.
- Accrued credit lapses once the last contract date has expired. If you used up credit points after your contract ended, you will receive an invoice for this day.
- Unused credit points expires after 365 days. This credit is not exchangeable for money.
Using credit for extra childcare
- As of 1 January 2020, all applications for extra childcare must be made via the parent app. On the app you can enter your accrued credit points to apply for extra childcare. See also our instruction video on how this works.
- All such requests are assessed on the basis of availability. We are legally obliged to abide by the child to staff ratio.
- You can check the status of your application in your parent app under ‘Verzoeken’ (requests). You also receive notifications about the status from the app (if you’ve made the right settings on your phone).
- You can apply for extra childcare via the parent app from 1 month up to 3 days in advance. If you need to arrange childcare at the last minute (within 3 days), please contact the childcare centre directly.
- The credit required for extra childcare is: 4 points for a whole day, 2 points for part of a day and 1 point for Preschool Childcare (VSO) or lunch.
- If you have accrued sufficient exchange credit, you may use this with your request. If you wish to use more than the accrued credit allows, you will automatically receive an invoice for the extra childcare period(s) as a whole. It is not possible to use credit in part and receive an invoice for the remaining hours.
- If you have not (yet) accrued any credit, you will receive an invoice for the extra childcare that you have booked.
- Once a request for extra childcare has been approved, it can no longer be cancelled. If you cancel your booking for this day, no new credit will be accrued.
- If your request has not yet been approved, you can cancel this up to 3 days in advance.
Do you have questions about the childcare credit? Find the frequently asked questions.